Financial Aid, Scholarships, & Grants
The Parent page at StudentAid.gov links to information on saving for college, borrowing for college, and tax benefits for education. The page is at StudentAid.gov/parent.
- The College Savings Plans Network provides a guide to state college savings plans and prepaid tuition programs and their tax implications at www.collegesavings.org.
- The Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute has created a site with sections for high school students, college students, and parents. The parent section is available in both English and Spanish and includes information on planning for the child’s education. Free publications for students and parents can be downloaded at the site: www.chci.org.
- The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services provides health, safety, and education information for parents of teenage girls at www.girlshealth.gov/parents/parentsfuture.
- For tips on teaching your children basic economic principles, parents may visit www.in.gov/dfi/2389.htm.
- You may want to see a sample of financial aid awards, which can be found here.
- If you are looking to compare different awards, take a look at the example found on this useful link.
- After receiving your award package, you may enter the information here to get a better idea of the estimated family contribution.
- Information on repaying students loans can be found using this student loan calculator.
- For more information regarding ways to reduce the cost of college, take a look at this useful link.